1. What does is the difference between an active player, and inactive player, and fully registered?
An "active" player is one who is fully registered.
An "inactive" player is one who has begun the registration process and turned in some of the required forms, but still has forms or payments due.
"Fully registered" means that all pertinent forms including a fully completed registration form, a copy of an official birth certificate, a signed Parent Pledge Form, all required waivers, and payment in full has been received.
2. We turned in our registration form - why can't my child practice with the team? Only active players will be placed on rosters. Inactive players may not practice or play with any BYSA team for any reason or under any circumstance. BYSA is a No Pay, No Play organization. Registration is easy, and there are payment plans - contact the Registrar today!
3. Do you accept payment plans? Yes, with post-dated check or by placing a credit card number on file with a fully completed plan document. Payment plans must be satisfied in full before a player is considered active.
4. Do you accept credit cards? We do accept credit cards in person only at this time. Come to any of our walk-up registrations during camps and practices with your credit card in hand. We use Square.
5. What do we get for our registration? All FB members receive a team jersey (tackle) or team shirt (flag). Cheerleaders will receive a uniform, poms, and a bow. There are 8 games plus championship games. All of the players also receive an award at the end of the season.
6. Can we request a certain coach or to play with our neighbors? BYSA rules are strict on how teams are formed so that the teams are as evenly placed as possible. All teams are drafted, with consideration to siblings and carpoolers.
7. What does it mean to be "fully registered"? To be fully registered, all of the following must be completed:
Full payment of registration fees
Fully completed and signed registration form
Fully completed and signed Parent Pledge
Fully completed and signed Player's Waiver
A copy of an official birth certificate (not a hospital certificate or birth announcement)
8. Where are games played? All games will be played at the CFPO fields in San Marcos.
9. Where and when are practices? All practices will be at Barton Middle School. Footballers will practice on the large open practice field. Cheerleaders will practice at the Barton MS track. Summer practices are during August, Mon-Wed-Thu, from 6-8pm. Coaches will announce the practice schedule for the game season.
1. Are there try-outs for participating in youth sports? There are no tryouts.
1. Are the fundraisers mandatory? - Mandatory seems like a harsh term, but we use it to express the real necessity for it. Fundraising is the way we keep registration costs low. There is an opt-out fee at the time of registration if you would rather not participate in the fundraisers.
2. Why are the fundraisers necessary? - Providing youth sports programs is cost- intensive, even with all of our volunteers. BYSA sets registration rates as affordable as possible for families, and provides fundraising opportunites to off-set the difference. You will be expected to participate unless you buy out of participation for a $50 donation, at the time of registration only.
Buda Youth Sports Association, P.O. Box 456, Kyle, TX 78640 Copyright 2017 Buda Youth Sports. All Rights Reserved.